Do you ship any Disney princesses together? Do you interpret any Disney princesses as LGBTQIA+? Do you identify as an LGBTQ+ woman? If so and if you’re interested, maybe you can help me!
I’m doing a project on LGBTQIA+ readings of Disney princesses in the Disney fandom. I’d like to speak with a few people who participate in this. If you’d be willing to help me, I’d love to hear from you!
A few questions would be:
- What is your personal identity in the LGBTQIA+ acronym?
- Do you participate in this queer Disney sub-fandom?
- How do you do so? What ships/headcanons do you have regarding characters? Why do you ship these characters or have these headcanons? Do you write fic, draw fanart, make manips, etc.?
- Do you think representations of LGBTQIA+ characters in children’s media is important? Why?
- Does your interpretation of existing Disney characters as LGBTQIA+ help you in any way in dealing with your identity? How?
- Any other comments?
You can send me an ask or submit it to me. Feel free to send it in anonymously, but please give me a nickname that I can refer to you as. Responses can be any length so if you don’t want to write me a novel, a few words is perfect, whereas if you want to write a novel, I would be grateful for that as well!
This is very last minute and I’m really sorry for this. If possible, 3pm eastern time tomorrow would be the best time for me to have responses but please don’t sweat it if it’s later!
Thank you so much for your help!